Monday, October 29, 2012

HOOK EM AND GIG EM AND BLOW SAND BLOW



One of my biggest pet peeves of all time is: BANDWAGON FANS. Spearman (and just about every where else) is filled with hundreds of DIE HARD college football fans and I think it's safe to say a good percentage were NOT alumni at the University of Texas or any accredited university for that matter.

I love love this time of year and I especially love a fall fire, a mimosa and a good college football game. I have never, in the past, had a favorite team. I always cheered for Texas teams or whoever I had picked in some random pot or maybe my favorite in a small wager (ahem). When Mattie dunked her ring I was the biggest Aggie fan and bled maroon that day. WHOOP! Truthfully, I don't think it's fair. I think your blood, sweat and tears throughout those four years earns you the RIGHT to cheer for a certain team.

But guess what? Times they are a changin'. Betty and I received some dang cool Longhorn gear in the mail. Orange studded Longhorn necklace? Check. Fringed burnt orange tank? Check. Softest gray UT hoodie? Check. And it donned on me.....all of this goodness came from a Poke. Probably THE biggest UT fan I know is a Poke. So I didn't graduate from UT and I don't REALLY BLEED burnt orange or maroon or fuschia (well maybe fuschia). The point is CHEER and CHEER LOUDLY for whoever the heck you want!!!! Especially and I mean especially if you look real cute while doing it.

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK 'EM HORNS!

No comments: