Tuesday, October 16, 2012

WALK TOWARDS THE ART



What is in store for this weekend? Pure goodness, I tell you. A few months ago, I attended an art show with my mom and a very savvy lady, VL, in Canadian. We all live on the same wonderful tree covered street and decided it was time to pump up the arts. Soooooo this weekend will be the Art Alliance of Hansford County First Annual Art Walk to benefit the art students of Hansford County.

A crisp fall evening such as this one with pinion and laughter wafting through the air. We have some pretty amazing artists coming out including my dear friend Kader. As I looked back through pics of his previous art shows it donned on me that we have been friends for about 10 years now. Me in Spearman. He in Santa Fe, Paris, Africa and wherever else. We don't talk often and quite frankly barely speak the same language. He speaks like 6 in fact but we don't miss a beat when we are together. As always, this community has rallied around this event to make it totally worth my obsessive list making (sorry mom and VL) and I know in my heart we are doing a good thing. Perhaps our first year won't bring thousands of dollars in scholarships but a nice stroll under fall leaves, some amazing art and a robust glass of red wine ain't too shabby, no? Cheers to what is already an amazing success. And thank you to two of the most inspiring, hip, lovely women I know. I am honored to be a part of this event.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are making a difference and I LOVE IT - you are a spirit to reckon with Grace, I wish I were there to cheers to the ladies with you this weekend. MUAH!