Wednesday, February 6, 2013

TONTO, RUN LIKE THE WIND!!!






My cousin Cassie will be mortified when she sees this video. We spent a ton of our childhood roaming around the plains and in her dad's horse barn and on water trucks and breaking ice and things of that nature. We both had cowboy fathers and learned to saddle up at an early age. Let me just say: 32 year old Grace on a horse=EPIC FAIL. Actually this was somewhat of a success compared to the last outing, when I seemed to care not about a saddle and fell off mid-trot. Not this time boys and girls. No sirrreeeeeeeeeee. As we galloped and  I felt the wind in my hair, I somehow managed to stay on ole Cinderalla. I'm pretty sure I was a jockey in my past life.

2 comments:

Pura Vida said...

whatever about that dad of yours! on my 8th grade trip riding horses in Palo Duro Canyon, getting close to the barn and the end of the ride..my lazy horse took off at the smell of hay, I lost the reigns and nearly died...I practically DIED..but no...God had a higher purpose for me..but it wasn't to see you on a horse...so stop it

Cassie Butt Beckwith said...

Lol, I love it! you are a natural lady. You were riding the hell out of that horse. :)Better than I ever do. I am such a wimp on horses now.