Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The best way to a person's heart is through their tummy tum tum.


AND.SOMETIMES.IT.IS.A.HOMERUN.


If you know me at all, one single bit, you know these things about me. I AM:

BETTY
FAMILY
FOOD
WINE
FAMILY
WINE
BETTY
BETTY
FAMILY
MUSIC

So you get it. We are foodies. We are family. We are wine. AND WE ARE LOVE.

Today I walked into Poppy's house to multiple boxes and packaging and meat from not only the Salt Lick in Austin but LOBELS (hungarian butcher shop in Manhattan) AHEM.

Someone who gets how much food means to this family: tasting, smelling, enjoying, bonding, burning and tasting again, topped with a good bottle of wine.

Sent me the ultimate gift (other than his chickens): veal chops, habanero smoked turkey, salts, peppercorns, TRUFFLE BUTTER, LAWD IT JUST DOESN'T END.

Who I am to the core is everything listed above. Food brings us together, cooking brings us together, wine brings us together (more than we wish sometimes), and MAN.I.AM.THANKFUL.


1 comment:

Pura Vida said...

I have been eyeing peppercorns all morning...getting ready to crunch them up!