Friday, November 9, 2012

BE HERE NOW



Alarm.
Coffee.
Yogurt.
Biscuit.
Eggs.
Apple juice.
Vitamin.
Feed those damn chickens who have yet to lay one single egg.
Shower.
Pack lunch.
Pick out two outfits.
Shoes.
Brush teeth.
Roll hair.
Different shoes.
Wave goodbye.
Drive.
Work.
Work.
Work.
Grocery store.
Work.
Work.
Work.
Drive.
Homework.
Feed those damn chickens who think it's funny to sneak in the house and jump on the refrigerator.
Cook dinner.
Bath.
Roll hair.
Books.
Tickle back.
Say prayer.
Night light.
Glass of water.
Dishes.
Bed.

Alarm...........

I cannot begin to explain how much kindergarten has changed our lives. We were somewhat regimented before, but this, along with my new job, has created a VERY STRICT ROUTINE. I live for the weekends these days when I am not constantly in a time crunch and bossing my little around 24/7. I will admit it's been stressful. I am a freebird and although we have flourished this certainly isn't who I am at the core. My friend Kader told me I could move to Africa and Betty could be a village child. I considered it. I have scaled back on traveling and eating out and even NO WINE DURING THE WEEK. WHAAAAAAAAAAAT?. And with all of it, a new perspective. The importance of the little things has never been more clear. As I type this, I am honestly giddy about a fire, posole and a big fat glass of wine. Thinking about staying up until 10:00 p.m. and sleeping until 8:30 a.m. is almost too much glory to bear. I.AM.A.WILD.WOMAN.

And then, there's this.......a tiny voice in the middle of the night that whispers, "Momma can I snuggle close to you? I had a bad dream." and she puts her little face right in my neck and I feel as if my heart is going to burst. And when I drop her off at school, she stops dead in her tracks and blows me kisses which I return. One of the teachers sees the exchange, looks at me with the biggest smile and puts her hand on her heart.

Whatever I have done, wherever I have gone, THIS IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT. Happy Friday!!! Cheers to the ladies!

1 comment:

Pura Vida said...

you take me a step back momma...32 years of this kind of stuff that life is made of. It's easy to be hard and it's hard to be easy...what you don't realize is that I do the same thing you do everyday...only now...I get to watch both of you grow...cheers to the ladies