Tuesday, September 25, 2012

PLANE SEATS VS. PATIO FURNITURE

Normally at about this time every year I would be packing up, printing boarding passes and leaving on a jet plane. Wine country, Santa Fe Wine and Chile Fiesta, you name it. Birthday Trip has been one of my favorite times of year. The getaway.

Not this year. Tonight I sat out by my parents' pool and watched Betty 'babysit' sweet Mary Beth. I enjoyed conversation with of some of my most favorite people. A few hours together enjoying a bit of wine on a cool fall evening. My blonde headed love and a gurgling baby and some old old souls. Simple.

There is such goodness here and a very big part of that is the people I surround myself with. Not only my family but the Vennemans and the Giffords. Inspiring, loyal, family oriented, angels that truly inspire me and embrace the Calvert Ladies. I adore them. ADORE. Salt of the earth, kind and genuine.

Nope. I wouldn't trade it for one second. My little wine trip three blocks down the street was a fantastic birthday eve. We are blessed.

CHEERS TO 32!!!

1 comment:

Pura Vida said...

One of the best days of my life...every year about this time!