Friday, November 11, 2011

MORE THAN WORDS



I don't know how many times I've heard, "She is such an old soul." or "There's just something about her." And if any picture has ever captured those words, it would be this one. There is just something about the subtle hint of strawberry in her tussled hair and the striking blue in her eyes. I have looked at it over and over, cocking my head a bit to try and soak it all in. I see such a spirit in this picture. I see her Choctaw/Black Irish roots shining through. And as strange as it sounds, the moment I saw this picture I knew this little soul has been around much longer than 4 years, much longer than 31 years and much longer than a lifetime.

God sends us the most precious gifts.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

She gets it from a long line of old souls, I assure you. Love you to bits.