Tuesday, November 1, 2011

BUTTERFLY WINGS



Yesterday was a dandy of a day and I will pat myself on the back and say I kept my chin up through most of it.

I constantly, every second, worry about Betty's little heart. I want her to grow up to be confident, to know how much love surrounds her, to feel adequate and strong.

As I do every day, I prayed for her during the morning shower prayer but in a more specific way it seemed. I found myself asking specific questions and praying for her in a more open way.

Dandy of a day.

I woke up at 3:19 a.m. and tossed and turned for at least an hour. She must have sensed me being awake and she woke up also. She reached over and scratched the top of my head, the way you would a puppy. She patted my face and put her arms around me in a big hug kind of way. I patted her back and when I stopped she began to pat mine.

And my prayers were answered.

2 comments:

Kam De Leon said...

Grace what are you wearing? Is that your candy apron?

Grace Calvert said...

Hahaha. We were out at the Venneman's for hay rides and making homemade pizzas=boots and aprons. :) Hope ya'll are well! Call me next time you are in town.