Thursday, June 11, 2009

CHARLES SQUIRREL AND MATILDA ROBIN



Today I am especially thankful for my brother and sister. I'm not real sure how a normal sibling relationship is supposed to work but I consider our's a diamond in the rough. The three of us are very different people. We have different views and opinions and like different kinds of food. Mattie is a beer girl, Charles likes a good ole Salty Dog, and I am definitely a wine person. We have led very different lives and have been away from one another often. Charles lived in Mexico for a while, me in Baltimore and Mattie is in College Station. We have been through a lot. Anything and everything hard has only made us stronger.

Now we talk every single day. Every single day. We talk about happy things in our lives. We call each other when we are down or angry or scared. We talk about BB and all of her amazing accomplishments. We talk about our relationships with other people, recipes and winning the lottery. We spend the night at each other's houses and stay up late laughing or crying or yelling. We listen. We listen. We listen. They are my very best friends and two people I can always count on. They do not judge me and love me for who I am. I cannot imagine my life without them. I feel so incredibly blessed to have their support and friendship. It is one of life's greatest treasures...this thing called unconditional love. And although we are quite different, we are mostly the same.

No comments: