Monday, June 15, 2009

@#$% CERTAINLY CAN HAPPEN

Um yes, hello. I'll take one On-Star with a side of child locks and six extra spare keys please.

I decided to take B to the pool on Friday so I had to make a stop at Satan's Den aka Wal-Mart for some baby sunscreen goodness. You can only imagine how much sunscreen it takes to keep a Calvert from roasting. THEY ARE PINK BEFORE EVER SEEING THE SUN. As usual, I picked up a bunch of crap I didn't need: a pair of very breakable $5 Faded Glory sunglasses, floaties and a big ass bottle of sunscreen. By the way, it was approximately 83 degrees on Friday here in the Big D. Sooooooo, anyway, I put BB in her car seat making sure to put my wallet, keys and phone in the front seat (NOT ON TOP OF MY CAR). I set the goods in the floorboard, strapped her in and shut the door. I was a split second from opening my door and I heard it lock. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!. I had no idea she could work the locks. #$#@^%&!!!! I didn't really panic at this point. Oh yes, it gets worse. I ran in and some very nice stranger let me use her cell phone. Justin called the locksmith and apparently there was no answer because a few minutes after I returned to the car, the DPD came screeching into the parking lot (later came the EMS). #@$%(@!!!

To make a long embarassing story short, my spare was in the console and Betty had most definitely locked the door. After approximately 17.5 minutes, I lost my cool. I had had enough and I wanted her out NOW!!!! The Sarge wasn't so anxious to bust out my window but I insisted. I was about 50% ok until she started to visibly sweat and then when she cried I began to cry also. And when the ambulances (yes, two) pulled in I almost fainted. Needless to say, there was nothing wrong with her. She most likely had a long time before it was absolutely necessary to bust out the window but I could have cared less. It's amazing. The freak mode mom's are equipped with is present whether you want it to be or not. Everyone is safe and I've certainly learned my lesson: BE PREPARED FOR EVERYTHING!

1 comment:

Cassie Butt Beckwith said...

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry for you. That sounds awful. I am glad BB was ok and what a smart girl to know how to lock the doors.