Thursday, January 29, 2009

LUCK

On Sunday The Calverts had a nice little Amarillo outing. We went to the Discovery Center, fed the ducks and then had dinner out which we rarely do these days. I would love to say the following incident was because of exhaustion or starvation but things like this happen to me quite frequently. A little past the river (Canadian) I felt as if something was wrong. I didn't say anything until a few miles later. Actually, I didn't have to say anything. Justin said it for me, "You left your wallet on top of the car. Didn't you?" Panic sets in. "No. No. I didn't. It's in the back on the other side of BB's car seat." I begin to (out of the corner of one eye) look around for my big orange wallet. "You left it up there didn't you?" I begin to think of all the things strung out on Highway 287. My driver's license, our insurance cards, all of our credit cards, a certified copy of BB's birth certificate, a $25 Target gift card all lying in the ditch somewhere. Mother of Pearl! What the hell is wrong with me? Shock sets in. As we pull into Dumas, Justin makes a bee line for the first place we can pull over. He gets out, looks on top of the car and cracks a smile. My wallet had not budged. Forty six miles at 70 miles per hour and my wallet had not budged. Now that's what I call luck.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That sounds like something I would do. My cell phone got ran over in the mall parking lot the other day. Lucky you!