Monday, May 7, 2007

GALVESTON OH GALVESTON

I don't know what special force God uses when he blows the Gulf breeze into your lungs but it seems to me that it transforms a person's heart. I agree it's not the white sand of Playa del Carmen or the whistle shots of Cancun . No, Galveston is in a different realm completely. There is an eerie, yet familiar mystique, that engulfs this small town and I always feel as if I'm at home, as if my heart belongs there. It could be the quaint tree-lined streets or the subtle scent of saltwater that mesmerizes me but I believe it's more than that.......much more. I believe that some places just have a soul. A history that runs so deeply through its veins it can't help but have a character all its own . I believe that these soul filled places sigh and weep just as we do and when you leave them something tugs at your heart.

My visit to Galveston this past weekend, like so many others, spurred a rather loud voice in my head to scream STAY!!! YOU BELONG HERE! YOUR HUSBAND WILL BE TOTALLY FINE WITH YOU BUYING A HOUSE HERE!!! HE WOULD LOVE PULLING TOURISTS AROUND IN THOSE LITTLE BUGGIES FOR A LIVING!!! STAAAAY GRACE! STAY!

So it is after returning to the windy city, Amarillo not Chicago, that I appreciate this small piece of Galveston more than ever. In every post, there is a ray of the Galveston sunshine beaming through. Today I invite you to let your heart be tugged by www.iheartgalveston.blogspot.com.

No comments: