Wednesday, April 17, 2013

FEARLESS



Um, excuse me but aren't you supposed to be nervous about losing your first tooth? Don't parents normally have to threaten tying the tooth to a doorknob or something? EXCUSE ME but what kid pulls their own tooth out in the recess line? My mom sent this photo after school yesterday and I responded with NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I wanted to be there. I thought surely I was instrumental in this process. It was shocking enough to realize I have a child old enough to lose teeth. There is absolutely note one single bit of baby left. She is completely 100% kid. Pouring her own juice, sleeping in her own bed and pulling out her own teeth. So, as usual, this mom was completely and utterly surprised by this tiny lady's bravery. I can imagine her standing there in her long Maxi dress, denim jacket and boots and simply yanking her tooth out like it ain't no thang.

Me: Weren't you afraid it would hurt? B: It didn't hurt and it didn't even bleed. Me: What do you think the Tooth Fairy will bring? B: I don't know but when I was in the bank two men (the bank examiners she's never met in her life) gave me $1 each when they saw my missing tooth. They told me if I put it under my pillow, the Tooth Fairy might replace it with more money.

I slipped her a $20. What the hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Pura Vida said...

brave*proud*strong*independent*
hmmmm...apple doesn't fall far from the tree!

Cassie Butt Beckwith said...

You did not give her a $20!! Lol, ok Grandma Rosa Lee.

Cassie Butt Beckwith said...

You did not give her a $20!! Lol, ok Grandma Rosa Lee.