Thursday, April 26, 2012

WILLIAM JEFFERSON CLINTON

I decided to let this post sit before I actually typed anything. You know me, not impetuous AT ALL. AHEM. Let me start with this. PEOPLE, GET YOUR DAMN SHIT TOGETHER. Tuesday evening my parents and I made the trek to Canyon to see what Wild Bill had to say. Instead I could barely focus as I was too busy being judgemental. This man, WHO WAS THE 42ND PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED FRICKIN STATES OF AMERICA, was surrounded by a bunch of idiots. I'll be completely honest. In the begining I was summing up people's outward appearance. Wife beaters, cutoff shorts, and ragged flip flops. Attire I consider a stretch even at the lake. But then it became more than that. People not putting their hands on their hearts, sitting down, getting up, going out. RUDE. RUDE. RUDE. As my mother said, "This has been an incredible example of mediocrity." And I couldn't agree more. If 4 year old Betty acted like some of those 20 year old kids, I would have been appalled and most likely busted her tail. Have a little respect for a man who ran our country for two terms and has given million of hours of service to Haiti, New Orleans and Shanksville. Did I vote for him? No. Did I appreciate every word he said Tuesday night? No. Did I show respect and open my mind to his opinions? Yes. And I don't think it is too much to ask for the younger generation to do the same. Over and over in my mind....SIT UP STRAIGHT! SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND SHOW A LITTLE RESPECT. Sheesh. I sound like a 30 year old mom. Good. I should have gone through that arena busting some tails.

2 comments:

Kam De Leon said...

Grace - now you know how I feel teaching these "crazy college kids"!
Yes shirt sleeves are required when you come to class, yes you should stay awake, yes you should put up your damn phone etc etc etc.

That's why I love my online classes so much :)

Pura Vida said...

The scariest thing of all is how very little we expect of ourselves. Damn lazy, no pride and fine with it. You don't have to wear a tux, but how about a decent shirt..not to pick on the guys because there were plenty of fatt butts hanging out of way too short shorts. Shape up or stay home! It's not cool