Monday, April 9, 2012

HAPPY EASTER!



This Easter was a bit different for Betty and I. We spent Sunday with B's family in Gruver. I will admit I was dreading it a bit, mostly because I missed our regular Easter routine. However, I am so very glad we went and feel like it was exactly what we needed this year. B's brother recently adopted two boys from Africa, Emmanuel and Seraphin, so Betty and I met them for the first time yesterday. Can you say Amazing? Donned in their vests and Easter ties, they sat at the table wide eyed and sparkly. Precious. Both of them absolutely precious. They are still learning English but Emmanuel has YES figured out. Do you want more lasagna? YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! Do you want chocolate on your ice cream? YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! Do you think Betty is pretty? YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! As I sat with them, I felt so incredibly moved. I wondered about their life in the orphanage and what it would be like for them if Clay had not saved their tiny souls. They were charming and happy and had the most contagious grins.

I realize how fortunate I am. How blessed I am to have such a happy healthy little girl and that I can afford to feed and clothe her. I wondered about their mothers. How hard it must be to have no choice but to let your baby go. There are miracles around us every single second. Children saved and loved and given a second chance. Parents lucky enough to be able to raise children on their own. But most of all the miracle of a smile. Three little children, different from one another, yet the same. Smiles reminding me of how far TLC can go. How important we are in our children's lives and the difference we make in them. Kindess. It really is the key to all things isn't it?

1 comment:

Pura Vida said...

Yes he is amazing, the story is amazing and the grace is sufficient...and amazing!