Wednesday, March 23, 2011

IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED



So last January we took a family vacation to Mexico and it is safe to say the Tribal Council met afterwards and some peeps got voted off the island. I'm sure the Tecate played a significant role but we just didn't really like each other a whole lot this trip. It is also safe to say one member of Tribal Council (my brother) may have wanted to send another member (yours truly) packing. However, since I'm on the Council I was immune from elimination. At the time things seemed pretty tense (this happens on family vacays, I realize). I think all of us said there will be ice water served in Hell before I go on another vacation with those goonies (I have perfect rationale for this behavior but will save it for another day). Now, as months have passed and I look back through the pics, I feel like it wasn't all bad. Just look at us. We were having a dang good time this day. All in all, it was a good time. That's what family is: tolerance, forgiveness and gettin' on over it. In fact, I feel like it's time for us to pull up our bikini bottoms (over a 6 pack of Tecate of course) and make plans for our next trip to Redemption Island.

No comments: