Thursday, February 17, 2011

MI COCINA




So I am having a party this weekend. Others may call it having people over for dinner since there's going to be approximately 5 people (and I might be related to half of them) but I say it's going to be a party. What constitutes a good shin dig you ask? Three 3.5 lbs. lobsters on a plane to Spearman as we speak accompanied by 20lovely oysters still in their shells, pizza dough from 575 pizzeria, lit fireplaces and fire pits, good friends and a lot o vino. Once in a blue moon (or in this case full), I will order up some lobsters and deem the weekend COOK YOUR BOOTY OFF.

It sounds expensive but it's really not. Well compared to the fresh selection of seafood at Lowe's Market. And it's fun. It's fun to do it up right and cook great food paired with even better wine.

I am fortunate enough to have a dear friend who is a chef and has cooked at some really cool joints in his day.

Me: So how is the menu coming?

Chef James: Butter poached lobster with a chile butter monte. Oysters on the halfshell with a serrano mignonette and green olive aioli. Any other requests?

Me: I think you nailed it on all accounts....

Pics to follow

No comments: