Tuesday, February 1, 2011

FELIZ CUMPLEANOS CARLOS!



On this day 27 years ago, a wrinkle faced baby boy was thrust into this earth and didn’t seem to be one bit happy about it.

I will never forget holding him for the first time. I will never forget how much he resembled a little old man, his brow crinkled and face puckered post-lemon style.

Since that day my brother has become my very best friend. Each and every day, I am inspired by him and in awe of his compassion and generosity. He touches those around him in such a profound way. He gives and gives and gives a little more. He is kind and caring and listens with an open heart.

It is a rare occurence in this world to find a person of the heart; a person in tune with his sensitive side and unscathed by ego or selfishness. He has taught my sister and me a deeper meaning of love and how to be proud of each other. I can only hope that someday Betty finds someone so good, so protective of other’s feelings, and so incredibly endearing.

I chose this picture because it is here he is the happiest. He has always been at ease and good with the world on a beach or in a tree. He adores a dip in the ocean or flying through clouds in the sky. He has a deep appreciation for nature and all that she has to offer and loves nothing more than to have his toes in the sand.

Happy Birthday to my baby brother! You are one helluva guy.

No comments: