Tuesday, December 21, 2010

WHO'S CHILD IS THIS




I remember climbing the mulberry tree and coming down covered in purple.
I remember the brown water of the gutter aka our fishinig hole.
I remember the green algae from our swimming pool aka horse tank.
I remember the brown crabapples we used to throw at one another.
I remember playing baseball in our vacant lot until the orange and yellows began to set.

I do not remember pink.

I remember forts and fist fights and swimming in creeks and riding ostrich. I remember playing in the mud and dribbling a basketball.

I do not remember a princess crown.

With all of her pink and lace and princess gowns, I fall more in love with a child that is different than me in so many ways. As she says, "Welcome, your majesty." Welcome! Welcome to raising the pinkest girliest girl I know and learning to love the softer side of myself.

No comments: