Friday, December 10, 2010

BELIEVE IT

Some weeks are tough. Lots of days are tough. And there are moments you feel as if you are standing on the edge. I will admit this week I have thought, more than once, WHY ME? Dammit, I try so hard. If I do one thing well it's trying and hoping and working for the best. I should insert all of my many faults in this paragraph but I will not.

As my baby is in bed and my parents are in bed and I sip my one allotted whiskey and water for this Friday night, I reflect.

I am good.

This life is so incredibly good. When I want to cry or cuss or fold, I am constantly reminded of my baby's smile. I am not perfect. I, like everyone else, am effected by the troubles and complications of this journey. But I am good. We are all good. What we lack is the ability to truly recognize and appreciate the things we contribute to make this world a better place. And just because things may be foggy or shock the hell out of us, doesn't mean this life is bad. It is what shapes and completes us.

My business (not really me but my company) joined the SPEARMAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE this week and the most beautiful boquet was sent to me in congratulations. And I was reminded that you must give to receive. So many times you will be scathed, scratched and bruised. But if you give, give with all of your might. If you seek the happiness of others you will be blessed. You will receive and your heart will be filled.

Merry Christmas! Merry Christmas indeed!

No comments: