Saturday, March 7, 2009

LUB




I received this picture via email today and my heart melted. My step-dad picked these out for BB, set them up and emailed the picture "to Betty". I don't even feel comfortable with the term step-dad anymore.

After years and years of trying to heal from a nasty divorce (all parties involved), I have found peace and most importantly BB has found love.

Divorce changed all of us. Our entire family unit was affected, transformed and will never be the same again. Anger, blame and hate was the initial reaction. We never thought we could be whole again. I spent so many years being empty and lost and MISSING MY WHITE PICKET FENCE PAST. There are still days I long for that simplicity. And although it will never be the days of 104 S. Barkley, I AM OK and most importantly BB is loved. She is loved by all kinds of people...Poppys and Bs, Mimis, Chicks and PapaJos, aunts, uncles, uncles' girlfriends and new step-grandmoms. I thank God for love, no matter its form. I thank God that so many people love and care about her. That there are people in her life with enough kindness to treat her as if she were from their very own heart. It's as if she IS from their very own heart. She is so very blessed.

Vincent Van Gogh said, "One of the most difficult things to do is to paint darkness which nonetheless has light in it."

No comments: