Monday, July 8, 2013

HIPPY HIPPY BIRTHDAY





Yesterday was my baby sister’s birthday and I didn’t even get to talk to her because she was flitting about in Isla Mujeres, Mexico. She has been gone for a week and I.HAVE.MISSED.HER. You see, I have this crazy amazing relationship with my siblings that I find very rare. I talk to them almost every single day. We check in on one another and talk about what meals we are cooking or our weekend plans or the weather. Mattie and I have utilized every communication line available: Facetime, text, instant message, Heytell and even TALKING ON THE PHONE. She always has a listening ear and is wise beyond her years. I look to her for advice and solace and mostly a lot of laughter. The truth is I am so ready for her to get back, to hear about her trip, to wish her a happy birthday and to tell her how much I love her! Maybe she will read this blog while she’s on her way home today.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIS! I love you and am so blessed to have such an amazing lady as my sister and best friend. Over the past year you have gotten married, bought a home, completed your Masters and begun your climb up the career ladder. I could not be more proud of you. FELIZ CUMPLEANOS!! I bet you are one hungover monkey today.

No comments: