Wednesday, February 18, 2009

KADER BOLY



This morning The Calverts woke up to a man from Burkina Faso, South Africa drinking coffee out of a beer mug. And he is not just any man. He's a man that has shown his artwork all over the world. From Tuscon to New York to Paris with a little bit of Dumas and Spearman inbetween, Kader Boly has certainly made his rounds. How did he end up at 1308 Melinda Drive on a Tuesday night? Well, it's a long story but mostly it's because of a wonderful lady I know....my mom. I am so very blessed to have even an inkling of her creativity and talent. She has taught me to have the mindset of "Well why wouldn't Kader Boly want to come to Dumas for an artshow?". Dream and dream big and make it happen. MAKE IT HAPPEN BECAUSE YOU CAN! Do you want to write a book and publish it when you're nine? GO FOR IT! Do you want to ride an ostrich? GO FOR IT! Do you want to travel all over the US when you're 20? GO FOR IT! I look back on all of the crazy things I've experienced and know that I have learned to march to my own beat from a very special drummer.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

To go out with the setting sun on an empty beach is to truly embrace your solitude. See the link below for more info.


#embrace
www.ufgop.org