Monday, September 8, 2008

THE LADY AND SONS LASAGNA

Today was a great day! I worked from home and so BB and I had some time to just hang. I decided to cook something Italian for dinner and my dear friend Will hooked me up with a fantastic lasagna recipe. The cool front moved in, BB crawled around and pulled all the dishes out of the cabinets, and I made homemade marinara sauce. I literally cooked (and worked sparatically) all afternoon. I love these kind of fall days where you could care less about ever going outside. I love spending time in my kitchen with the tug of a babbling one year old at my knees. Truly, it all started with a recipe and I kept imagining my Nanny in the kitchen, years ago, baking apple pies as my dad toddled around. I hope that the recipe for my life is as spectacular as hers. I hope that someday I can make a difference in this world like she has. She is one of the most honorable women I know. She has spent more afternoons in the kitchen than I could ever imagine. Her life has consisted of family and giving and bowing her head to pray over one of her favorite recipes.

No comments: