Saturday, August 16, 2008

TUESDAY'S CHILD IS FULL OF GRACE

Several years ago my mother started a journal. A compilation of letters to me and only me. When I found out I was pregnant she gave me the journal and I began writing to BB. Feeling oh so sentimental on her birthday Thursday, I went back and read some of the entries.

August 22, 2007

Betty Beatrice Calvert,

You were welcomed into this world at 12:39 p.m. We have never been so amazed, so thankful and so in love. You are perfect. You are beautiful and strong and we love you more than we ever thought possible. It's a feeling my mother has tried to describe to me 100 times but I never understood until I became your mother. Your dad and I just gaze at you, laugh at your funny faces and thank God that you are healthy. BB you are so very loved. You are two souls combined with the love of two hearts showered on you every second. Welcome! Welcome to a lifetime of happiness, trials, laughter and love. God is good.

You are not mine but I am yours.

No comments: