Tuesday, August 12, 2008

DADA




Last week while we were gone BB stayed with Justin's mom. We were so happy they got to spend some quality time together. One morning when we called to check in Melissa mentioned something I found quite peculiar. She heard BB saying DADA! DADA! over and over. When she walked into the living room BB had her little finger on a picture of Justin when he was very young. This may not seem strange to some but he looks quite a bit different now than he did 25 years ago. How did she know it was him? Did she recognize his face? I don't believe that. I believe that daughters have a cosmic connection with their fathers. I believe Justin and BB are soulmates and knew each other long before they were even born. Maybe they frolicked in Heaven together and she has been searching for him all this time. The love the two of them share is incredible. Justin took BB to the park Saturday morning and when they came home he told me all of the things they had done that day. Swinging, teeter-tottering, hanging out. They are buddies and I see the start of a wonderful friendship between the two of them....until she turns 13.

No comments: