Friday, July 25, 2008

UMS CONTINUES

July 14, 2008


Mr. Dan Sanders
7830 Orlando Ave.
Lubbock, Texas 79423


Dear Mr. Sanders,

Enclosed please find a blog that my daughter Grace recently posted. I tried to email you, but it was too long, so I am sending it to you.

I found it so amusing as she has had a hard time moving from Amarillo to Dumas because of UMS. I share her pain, as I live in Spearman 100 miles away and many a day have driven to Amarillo only to go to Market Street and home again to cook for friends. I would rather go there than to the mall, so I completely embrace her attitude.

Your store in Amarillo was even my inspiration to decorate our outdoor kitchen. I have spent many moments in the restroom looking at the tile instead of using the facility.

We just returned from a trip to Greece and during the long flight, my husband Brian and I both read your book, Built to Serve. What a great testimony you have. Thank you for that also.

I know from reading your book that you are the kind of man that would like to have letters like these. I’m sure you have many, but I have always believed when you have an opportunity to say something nice…take the time to say it.


Have a great day.

Gina Gillispie

No comments: