Saturday, March 1, 2008

EYE QUE


People, you won't believe this. You really won't......I used to be brilliant. Not just smart, not just intelligent but BRILLIANT. When my fourth grade teacher asked my future occupation I replied, "I'm going to be a Rhode Scholar." And I was damn serious. I wrote a book and actually sent it to publishers when I was nine. I petitioned city council to set up a recycling program when I was ten. I was always at the top of my class, etc., etc., etc. The point is I USED TO BE a prodigy child. It makes sense. My sister made her first B last semester....AS A SENIOR. My brother is just all around smart. My grandmother holds a patent. My uncle invented something as well. ANYHOO, you get it by now. Somehow down the road between hither and yon I lost those brain cells. I'm not sure if it was boys or the devastation of not making the cheerleading squad or some beer drinking as a sophomore. I'm not quite sure what happened but I have really been on a downhill slope since I was 16. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not a total D.A. I'm just not the brightest bulb in Vegas anymore. What is my gosh dang point you ask.


BB doesn't look anything like me. She's the spitting image of her pops. She doesn't really act like me either. She's super laid back like her pops. She's been a bit of a late bloomer when it comes to physicality. She's not doing the log roll all over the living room or pub crawling yet. But that kid, that kid, she is as smart as a whip. I can see smart in her big blue eyes. She's a thinker! THERE'S GENIUS IN THERE!!!!!!!!! Mark my words! Mark my words! SHE IS GOING TO BE THE SHARPEST TOOL IN THE SHED.


1 comment:

Cassie Butt Beckwith said...

Girl, I remember when you were a genius and you still are. You just have different aspirations in life now. Your beautiful baby will be genius too!