Friday, December 28, 2012

JOY

Time to reflect upon 2012

If I have learned one lesson this year it is:

Happiness is a choice. Not a feeling, not something granted to us, not inevitable. BUT A CHOICE.

If any one person on this planet is capable of making really bad and really great choices it is me. I have traveled both paths. Let's be honest. I am the queen of mistakes. I have done some pretty whacky things in my day. I also have the most brilliant and amazing soul in my life. A very wonderful choice I made years ago. I choose to accept and be most grateful for the things that have molded me.

Life comes to us in such a fury that perhaps sometimes we don't even have the split second to make the right choice.....or the wrong. Instinct kicks in and we do the very best we can. Right or wrong. We reach back into the depths of an unknown place and make the decision we feel best. Right or wrong.

We choose to:

Love when love is gone.

Hug our babies tight after a tragedy.

Get married on a whim. Listen to the whisper of a heartbeat soon after.

Defy the Mayans.

Rally around our families.

Beat all odds.

Let our titles go.

Be in an amazing movie.

Start a solar company with a bad name. 

Fall in love.

Get engaged.

Fall off the Fiscal Cliff.

Start again.

Be renewed.

And believe in the impossible.

Dream. Believe. Dream.

Forgive. Forgive. Forgive. 

Accept. Accept. Accept.

I gladly welcome 2013. I choose JOY.

I choose joy. 

Because all you need is love. ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

AMEN! Preach it my friend! I love you - pretty sure 2013