Wednesday, November 4, 2009

THE GRIND

Over the summer I spent a lot of time working from home and even more time not working at all. Things were really slow in the o&g world and I spent my days cleaning house and taking BB to the library.

Things have picked back up and I am once again a full time stay at work mom. Last night when I got home it was dark. It was bath time. BB and I crawled into a warm tub and washed her baby's hair. I sat there for a moment and felt so sad. If I get home at 6 and she goes to bed in between 8 and 9, that's no more than 3 hours together each day. I am gone most mornings before she wakes up unless I take a quick minute to fix her hair.

Being a working mom is hard. It's really really hard. How much impact am I having on her life in 3 hours a day? Did I teach her the alphabet or did the sitter? And when I get home and want to unwind from a long day at work am I being the best mom I can possibly be? Shouldn't I read ONE MORE book before bed instead of 15minutes of Sesame Street?

Thank God up in Heaven for my job. I love my job. I love having freedom from her as well. I love it when the bills are paid and I can buy her new winter clothes. I am so very thankful I made it through those couple of rough months. I am grateful for all of the blessings in my life. I'm just sayin, being a working mom is hard.....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for reminding me to be grateful when I am so sullen about being at work.

Maybe the stupid time change has made working mamas just really mad and emotional.

tracylynn said...

You are an excellent mother...I've seen you in action!

Yes, you are making an impact on her life...even with just 3 hours. Go ahead..read one more book. One day, you will be so glad you did. And the most important thing...ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS tell her you love her.