Friday, October 10, 2008

BRUSHFIRE FAIRY TALES


I have been so reluctant to post this blog as I am terrified that bragging is an inevitable floodgate to disappointment but what the hey! Here goes....

Our child is:

A.)SMART AS A DANG WHIP- Evidence?
1. She counts. You say 1. She says Twooo....THREE!!!!
2. She licks her fingers when she turns the page of a book.
3. She turns the pages of books. She looks at every single picture
and pretends to read every single page.
4. She knows how to get off of the couch. She doesn't just bail. She turns
over on her tummy and safely crawls off.
5. She doesn't just speak goo-goo gaa-gaa. She speaks in full sentences.
None of it makes sense of course but when it does become words she
could possibly say, "Hello Mother, I have been waiting ages to speak
you."
B.)SWEET AS PIE- Evidence?
1. She pats things. She pats her dolls and her dad and her tummy very softly
and very slowly. As if to say, "Oh, sweet baby."
2. Yesterday I was feeding her yogurt for breakfast and she kept cocking
hear head weird. I held the container close to her face to get a bite in
and she kissed the container. Smithfield's has a little baby on their
packaging and BB wanted to give her a smackaroo. She especially
kisses scary things i.e. my mom's monster wine glass and the ghost
hanging on her front porch.
3. She snuggles. She snuggles. She snuggles.
She's quiet and happy and generous and loving for the most part. Now, don't get me wrong, I know things can change. She may end up a Holy Terror as her Grandmer says but for now, I feel like the luckiest mama in the whole wide world.

No comments: